Our Heating Experts Share 5 Reasons Why the Answer Is YES
It’s hard to believe we are already nine months into 2020. But as the fall season arrives, she brings a multitude of days to celebrate—even though many could be celebrated a little differently this year due to the pandemic. From back-to-school events and Labor Day festivities to fall decorating and wine tasting, the month offers plenty of new experiences.
Wondering if there are any special HVAC days in the mix? Well, we are so glad you asked! These special days even include one that has your friends at Miller’s Heating & Air Conditioning excited. In fact, in addition to providing excellent air conditioning service in Chesapeake and nearby, we are taking some time to recognize National Temperature Control Day on Sept. 22.
This day is the perfect chance to remind homeowners that they need to be cognizant of how they treat their heating and cooling systems and manage their indoor temperatures. While our team at Miller’s can’t control the temps outside, we can help you get a handle on your indoor temperatures. That is especially true when it comes to your water heater.
Water Heater Giving You a Fit? Go Tankless!
You’re all for saving money with a new water heater, right? If you’re considering an upgrade to a new model, you may be wondering what the tankless model has to offer and if the investment is worth it. Great question—one we can certainly help answer.
Tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand water heaters, deliver a constant supply of hot water without using a large tank like traditional water heaters do. Instead, they heat water “on demand” so you are only using hot water when you actually need it. Pretty cool, huh? Tankless models are both efficient and cost-effective. While the initial cost is pricier than other options, these models save homeowners more money over the long run compared to a traditional model. In fact, the U.S. Department of Energy reports that a home that uses 41 gallons of hot water daily can be up to 35% more efficient when tankless water heaters are used over regular models.
Not sold yet? Here are five more reasons you should consider going tankless:
- Longer lifespan. Here’s some good news: Tankless water heaters can last for more than 20 years! Compared to traditional systems that tend to die out after 10 to 15 years, this makes them a very appealing option.
- Fewer leaks. Without a tank to hold water, you can avoid leaks and potential water damage.
- More space. Tankless models require no large tank, are compact and free up more space. Without a traditional tank to hold and heat water, there is more room in your house!
- Superior energy efficiency. It’s that simple!
- Awesome versatility. Knowing you are using only what you need when you need it gives you peace of mind. Enjoy savings knowing you have full control over your hot vs. cold water.
We Can Help With All of Your Hot Water Needs!
Whatever your hot water needs, Miller’s can help. We offer a wide range of water heater services, including repairs and installations of both tankless and traditional models. Don’t hesitate to call our licensed technicians with questions about your home’s comfort. From tankless water heater repair in Portsmouth to furnace installation, plumbing maintenance and more, we are only a phone call away.