’Cool’ Is About to Be Back in Session—Are You Ready?
It’s pens and pencils galore as the kids head back to school. Now that summer is behind us, it’s time to start thinking about the cooler months ahead. We know. We know. But those beach days will be back before you know it!
In the spirit of back-to-school season, we’re sharing our own supply list for a smooth and hassle-free winter. Of course, nothing is more important than scheduling a heating tune-up and taking care of the fall HVAC maintenance checklist to ensure your furnace, boiler or heat pump will get you through the winter. Then, check out this supply list to stay one step ahead and stock up on any items you might need.
The Back-to-Cool Supply List
- Air filters. A dirty air filter impacts more than just your air quality. As dirt and debris collect in the filter over time, they will prevent air from passing through. The blockages put an excess strain on your heater that will result in higher energy bills and, worst-case scenario, a broken heater. This is why it’s so important to change the air filter every three months. If you’re a member of our Furnace & Boiler Maintenance Plan, we’ll replace the air filter during your heating tune-up.
- Batteries for the thermostat. Every winter, we get calls from customers who say their heater isn’t working. One of the first questions we ask is whether the thermostat batteries need to be replaced. Dead batteries can make you to think there’s a mechanical issue when there isn’t. Stock up on batteries so you can troubleshoot easily. Besides, let’s face it: With all of the gizmos and gadgets in our homes, we always need them!
- Heating oil. During a cold spell, the last thing you want to do is find yourself without enough heating oil. That’s why we offer FREE automatic delivery to ensure you’ll always stay warm! If your system needs heating oil, take advantage of our delivery service and give yourself one less thing to worry about.
- Drain catchers. We tend to spend more time at home during the winter. This can mean bad news for your drains if you don’t have the proper protection in place. Rather than allow hair to flow down the drain and potentially clog your plumbing, use drain catchers. This small and simple step can make all the difference in preventing clogs and plumbing repairs down the road.
- Caulk. With the winter months come winter drafts.Make sure you have enough caulk in case you need to seal leaks near windows and doors.
- A generator. Summer isn’t the only time when a generator comes in handy. A whole-house generator will keep your heater running in the event of a power outage. Rather than take a chance and find yourself without heat in the middle of the night, put the power back in your hands with a reliable generator.
Have a ‘Grade A’ Winter With Miller’s
Your heater is put to the test every single winter. By stocking up on the right supplies, you increase your chances for an easy and comfortable winter season. Now is the best time to schedule that heating tune-up, make sure the air filter gets replaced and prepare your home for the colder months.
Whether you need a heating oil delivery or a new backup generator to power through the winter storms, Miller’s is here to protect and restore your comfort. To schedule service for your Virginia Beach home, contact us online or call Miller’s Heating & Air Conditioning at 757.623.6600 today.