Contrary to popular belief, repairing your air conditioning unit after it breaks down completely isn’t the only time to call for an AC repair in Virginia Beach, VA. Actually, the optimal way to keep warm air from building up in your residence is by preventing breakdowns altogether. That includes noticing minor symptoms and calling us immediately.
At Miller’s Heating and Air Conditioning, we strive to improve home comfort one household at a time. Trust us to relay when and why repairs are necessary and how we can solve the issues quickly and appropriately.
When Do You Need AC Repair In Virginia Beach?
Usually, the first sign residents notice as their units begin aging is noises other than a light hum as the motor runs. Most noises derive from malfunctions, whether a worn fan belt squeaks or leaking coils hiss as air escapes. Sounds also originate from dirty or loose parts that need cleaning or tightening, leading to banging, grinding, and buzzing sounds, to name a few.
You’ll also notice the following if your air conditioner needs repair:
- Unusual smells like mustiness, gas, exhaust fumes, or smoke
- Long and short cycling causing hot and cold spots, higher bills, and unit deterioration
- Water or refrigerant leaks or pooling water
- Higher indoor humidity
- Poor indoor air quality
What Are Common Repairs We Conduct?
Sometimes, the only repair you need is minor maintenance to keep things functioning. For instance, improve air output by removing the wall of dust and dander that develops on the filters or vents or within the air ducts and blocks airflow. Changing the thermostat batteries, cleaning the evaporator coil, and checking refrigerant levels (which we do during semi-annual maintenance) also relieve issues. However, a slightly more complex AC repair in Virginia Beach may include:
- Replacing the fan in your condenser unit if your AC compressor constantly overheats, shutting down the system
- Rewiring or recalibrating the thermostat if your unit cycles frequently or doesn’t power on
- Repairing the refrigerant line and refilling the levels if you have a leak
- Dislodging the condensate drain and cleaning the drain pan if water leaks or mustiness are evident
- Replacing the blower motor if the air shuts off immediately or you hear banging or notice a burning smell
Why Are Repairs Beneficial?
Calling in a minor AC repair immediately is better than waiting days or even weeks to receive assistance, because the longer your unit functions while trying to bypass issues, the harder it works. The added stress prematurely deteriorates internal components and shortens your system’s lifespan, so you’ll need more expensive and extensive repairs alongside more frequent replacements. Additionally, an overworked air conditioner raises utility bills. Less strain on your unit also means it takes less fuel to function, proving easier on your energy grid and leaving you with lighter utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
Trust Miller’s Heating and Air Conditioning for 40 Years of Virginia Beach Quality!
With 24/7 services, our licensed and skilled professionals work diligently, ensuring you always have the cooling power you need to survive 90-degree summer highs. So contact our five-star Miller’s Heating and Air Conditioning team the next time you need an AC repair in Virginia Beach, VA, by calling 757-623-6600!