At Miller’s Heating and Air Conditioning, we understand an AC installation in Virginia Beach, VA can be costly and inconvenient, but we’ll lighten the load with our speedy processes and financing options.
With more than 40 years of experience, we’ll install your unit with little downtime while alleviating all concerns. Your air conditioner is one of the most important appliances in your home, and we ensure the job is done correctly to maintain your comfort for years to come.
When Do You Need To Replace Your Air Conditioner In Virginia Beach?
Air conditioners last ten years, but with proper care and regularly scheduled maintenance, it will effectively produce cool air for about 15 years. However, toward the end of this lifespan, consider a replacement as your system irreversibly ages to limit surprises like your unit not turning on when you need it most. We recommend considering AC installation if you are experiencing the following:
- Your AC uses equipment no longer manufactured, like R22 Freon refrigerant
- Your system requires at least two repairs annually
- Any single repair is half the cost of your original installation price
- Your unit pulls more energy than before, resulting in higher bills despite constant repairs
- Signs like inconsistent cooling, unusual noises, or awkward smells don’t subside with repairs
What Are The Benefits Of Installing A New AC?
A new air conditioning installation in Virginia Beach does more than rid your home of banging, buzzing, and grinding sounds alongside constant leaks and hot and cold spots. It alleviates all signs of wear for the first few years, contributing to little to no repair costs. You’ll also experience benefits such as:
- Cleaner air quality since the new unit has no dust buildup that would otherwise release into your breathing air and fungal growth deriving from stagnant water that also affects your respiratory system
- A higher cooling capacity creating a comfortable environment faster
- More energy efficiency that relies on less electricity to cool, proving easier on the environment
Factors To Consider Before AC Installation
Before an AC replacement, our team removes your current system and measures the square footage of the area you want to cool. This measurement tells us the amount of heat that needs removing, so we can determine the appropriate BTU (British Thermal Units). The BTU tells us the size of your unit, which is vital since any too small or large causes long and short cycling, respectively. We’ll then consider the following:
- What kind of system is right for your layout, from central cooling if you have multiple floors to wall or window units if you have a smaller home with few obstacles
- Your preferences, such as if you want whole-house cooling or different temperatures throughout
- Your budget, with central cooling proving more expensive with added ductwork to more cost-effective portable systems
The #1 HVAC Company In Virginia Beach, VA!
As the #1 HVAC company in the area, we know what an air conditioning installation in Virginia Beach, VA, entails. Within one visit, we’ll have your system set up and running before cleaning the area. Therefore, schedule services from Miller’s Heating and Air Conditioning at 757-623-6600 today!